Sunday, November 15, 2015

Latest article

I wrote this article a couple of years ago. It started out as a talk, when I was asked to speak in church. I hadn't planned on telling this story for my talk, but I had had a break down during that week. It was over my frustration that after six years, things were not that much different for us financially and we were still struggling. I didn't have a clue what I was going to speak about in church. I felt like I had nothing to offer my neighbors and friends. As my husband I discussed our financial situation yet again, I felt like I learned some valuable lessons from God, that he spoke peace to my soul and helped me see things a bit differently. It was then that I knew I needed to tell our story for my talk. So that's what I did. I cried through it all, but just said it how it was. I didn't worry what other's would think and I still didn't know that I had anything to offer. I simply told everyone what the spirit had taught me that week.

I will never forget after that, how many people came up to me and thanked me. One man in particular was so overcome with emotion he could hardly speak. I sat in awe watching them and wondering what in the world I had said that had touched their hearts in such a way. I realized very quickly that it wasn't anything I had said. The spirit had simply used me and my story to touch each of them, to let them each know that just as God was aware of me and my family he was aware of each of them. That he loved them.

It was literally one of the neatest things I have ever witnessed. I could truly feel his love for them as I felt love for them as well.

I learned another lesson that week. God will use any of us, if we are willing to tell our stories and the lessons that he taught us because of them.

I'll always be grateful not only for this experience, but for the experience and privilege of getting to tell my story to my friends and neighbors and then witness the love God has for each of them.
The love God has, for each of us.

-Kate

..... (Shutterstock)
My article on Deseret News.com

1 comment:

  1. Kate, I really needed to hear this today. I love everything that you write! Thank you for being willing to share. Hope all is well with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete