Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Joy Cometh After the Sorrow

 It was so neat today to be able to hear my friends and co-hosts of the living room talk about their experiences of feeling joy after great sorrow. Two of them shared their stories of giving birth to still born babies. I also shared a story of my friend whose five-year-old son drowned this summer. She said something so profound to me.

She said, "I couldn't believe how many people came up to me after my son died and told me similar stories. I had no idea so many people had and were suffering like me, but it did something for me. These were people that I knew as 'happy' people. It taught me that if they could still find joy after such a tremendous loss than maybe so could I."
In the middle of a crisis, loss, or hardship, it’s so difficult to remember what joy feels like (or even what “okay” feels like). In today's show, we share some stories of loss and hardships with the advantage of retrospect, to remind us all that there is light at the end of the tunnel, and a rainbow waiting to brighten even the stormiest of days—that sorrow really can turn to joy.
Join us in the living room today for our Joy Cometh After the Sorrow show.
Feel free to comment or leave us your feedback. We'd love to hear it and join us for the conversation on Facebook.


No comments:

Post a Comment