Friday, June 28, 2013

The Good Life

I got to read today. The baby is napping. The other two are playing together (quietly even) and I sat down and read.

The sun is shining and I can hear birds chirping. Life is so amazingly good.

Yes, we have a lot of debt, yes, we live in my parents house, yes, my kids fight and the house sometimes looks like I have 27 children instead of 3. No, we don't have a place of our own and no, I haven't fulfilled my dream of "making it" as a writer and I'm no Mom of the year.

But, even with all of those things something is very obvious to me; we are better off than probably 90 percent of the world. We have food, clean water, safety, shelter, schools, safe neighborhoods, friends and family. We are so lucky.

Incidentally my feelings of gratitude today probably came from reading Stephanie Nielson's book, "Heaven is Here". A great read.

2 comments:

  1. Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I emailed, in case you didn't get it though, my email is momentsofchunder@gmail

    ReplyDelete