Monday, June 3, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

My son Cameron has a big heart, but he takes everything very literally. We have a sweet older lady and widow who lives in our neighborhood. Her last name is Pilkington. Sometimes we take her dinner or go for a visit. On Mother's Day my kids wanted to make sure that we didn't forget her. They adore her. They both made her cards and a treat.

The kids know that when I was little my siblings and I use to refer to her and her husband as our Grandparents and they always say how sad it is that her husband died.

The kids wanted to show me the cards they made. I noticed that Cameron had written:
"To the Pilkington's'."

A few minutes later I saw him scribbling something out on the card. I asked him what he was doing. He said he was scribbling out the "s" because "her husband is dead and there is just one Pilkington now".  I could not persuade him to change it.

Her card read, "Happy mother's day, to the Pilkington."

No comments:

Post a Comment